Milk Thistle Decoction 525ml in a UV resistant glass bottle
- Made by our herbalist using our own quad filtered double distilled zero ppm water and organic Milk Thistle
- No preservatives of any kind
- No alcohol, vegetable glycerines, preservatives or any kind of additives are added
- We manufacture so no middleman profit, low Devon overheads, low prices yet high quality products
- All packaging used is either recyclable from home, biodegradable or easily reusable
At Qualified Naturopath we are committed to providing products of the utmost quality, and purity. Milk Thistle is a purple flowering herb in the daisy and ragweed family, it is native to Mediterranean countries and is considered an invasive species around the world. We use organic Milk Thistle seeds to brew our decoctions.
Of the three main extraction methods used to produce herbal remedies, decoctions are simply the best. Macerations use solvents which may leave harmful residues in the end product, tinctures contain alcohol which is a systemic poison. Decoctions extract mineral salts and bitter principles through simmering herbs in water for a prolonged period. They contain far higher levels of active ingredients, no alcohol and can be made from hard plant parts unlike infusions. Our decoctions are made in small batches from organic ingredients by our fully qualified herbalist. They are also a superior form of supplementation than tablets or capsules, as many of those have artificially made ingredients and contain filers, flowing agents, excipients binding agents and preservatives. Also they often contain only one active ingredient neglecting the fact that molecules work synergistically in the body.