Super Saturated Potassium Iodide 10ml in a glass bottle with a pipette
Supersaturated Potassium Iodide
- Produced in our UK clean room for ultimate purity
- 50mg of Potassium Iodide per metric drops
- All packaging used is either recyclable from home, biodegradable or easily reusable
- We manufacture so no middleman profit, low Devon overheads, low prices yet high quality products
- Free of any Additives whatsoever
Physicians have recognised Potassium Iodide as a beneficial compound since the early 19th century. It has since been listed as an essential medicine by the World Health Organisation meaning it is one of the safest and most essential compounds required in a health care system. It is the only known form of protection in the event of a nuclear power plant disaster, be it an accident or an attack. It was distributed throughout the majority of Europe following the Chernobyl disaster, Supersaturated Potassium Iodide was given to 10 million children and 7 million adults in Poland. It is estimated that due to this response only around 0.01% of neoplasm cases In Europe since the disaster were a consequence of it. In the Netherlands potassium iodide is provided to all citizens inhabiting areas near nuclear power plants, and in Belgium it is available free of charge for all. Aside from emergencies, potassium iodide is one of the most popular trace mineral supplements. It is also an effective expectorant of mucous from the lungs.